Friday, January 24, 2020

Weekly fuel prices: RON97 down four sen; RON95, diesel unchanged


PETALING JAYA: The price of RON97 will go down four sen per litre, while RON95 and diesel prices remain the same for the week, starting Saturday (Jan 25).
The Finance Ministry said the price of RON97 would go down from RM2.53 per litre to RM2.49 per litre.
Meanwhile, RON95 petrol and diesel prices remain the same at RM2.08 per litre and RM2.18 per litre respectively.
The fuel prices would take effect from 12.01am on Saturday until Jan 31.
"Based on the calculation under the Automatic Pricing Mechanism (APM), the retail prices for both RON95 and diesel should be RM2.19 and RM2.26 per litre respectively," it said in a statement on Friday (Jan 24).
It added that the estimated subsidy to be borne by the government between Jan 25 and Jan 31 would be about RM49.30mil.
The weekly fuel pricing mechanism was reintroduced on Jan 5 last year under the APM.
Under this system, fuel prices are announced every Friday and remain in force for one week.

Thailand confirms fifth case of new coronavirus




BANGKOK: Thailand on Friday evening (Jan 24) confirmed its fifth case of the new coronavirus, a senior public health official said, in the second instance in which a patient was not detected at the airport before entering the country.

"The patient is a 33-year-old woman from Wuhan on vacation," Deputy Public Health Minister Sathit Patucha told Reuters, adding that she was under quarantine at Rajavithi hospital and her condition was improving.

The woman arrived in Bangkok on Jan. 21 with her daughter and visited a private hospital complaining of a fever, coughing and muscle aches before being transferred to a government hospital on Jan 23, Sathit said.

Her daughter tested negative for the virus.

A Thai woman who contracted the virus after spending the New Year in Wuhan was admitted to Nakhon Pathom hospital, 60km (40 miles) west of Bangkok, on Jan. 15 and discharged on Friday after lab tests cleared her of the virus, the Public Health Ministry said in a statement.

Thailand currently has two patients under quarantine for the virus.

China has stepped up measures to contain the virus, which has killed 25 people and infected more than 800, with public transport suspensions in 10 cities, temples shutting, and the rapid construction of a new hospital to treat those infected.

The Wuhan airport was closed on Thursday and Friday.

CNY toll discounts at Besraya, NPE, Lekas


KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): Class one motorists of the Sungai Besi Expressway (Besraya), New Pantai Expressway (NPE) and Kajang-Seremban Highway (Lekas) will enjoy a 10% discount in conjunction with the Chinese New Year on Saturday (Jan 25).
The discount will be given at all toll plazas along Besraya, the Pantai Dalam and PJS 5 toll plazas (NPE), and the Ampangan Toll Plaza (Lekas).
IJM Toll Division chief operating officer Wan Salwani Wan Yusoff, in a statement Friday (Jan 24), said the discount would take effect from midnight tonight until 11.59pm Saturday.
She also advised south-bound motorists to use Lekas and east-bound motorists to use Besraya from Salak Selatan or Jalan Istana to MRR2 through the Loke Yew Toll Plaza.

For more details on the discounts and traffic information, the public can follow the Twitter page at @BESRAYAtrafik, @NPEtrafik and @LEKAStrafik.

Wuhan virus: Eight in isolation in JB after coming into contact with Singapore victim


IPOH: Eight people have been isolated and are being monitored by health officers at a hotel in Johor Baru for symptoms related to the Wuhan coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
Deputy Health Minister Dr Lee Boon Chye said the eight people, who had entered Malaysia from Singapore, had had contact with the man who was confirmed to have the virus on the island republic.
“They are not patients. They are just being observed in case they develop any symptoms, ” he told reporters during a check on the preparations for handling any virus-related incident at the Sultan Azlan Shah Airport here Friday (Jan 24).
“So far, there are no symptoms but they will be monitored for a week, ” he added.

It was reported that a 66-year-old Chinese national from Wuhan tested positive for the virus in Singapore.
The man had arrived in Singapore with nine travelling companions on Monday (Jan 20).
Dr Lee said there were no cases in Malaysia so far.
“There were four suspected cases on Wednesday (Jan 23), but all tested negative.
“The Health Ministry will beef up its temperature screening for all passengers at all airports in the country, ” he said.

Wuhan virus: China extends outbound travel ban on seven more cities, says Wisma Putra


KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): After Wuhan, the authorities in China have extended the suspension of outbound travel on seven other cities since Thursday (Jan 23) due to the outbreak of the Wuhan coronavirus.
The Malaysian Foreign Ministry in a statement here said, the latest suspension involve Huanggang, Ezhou, Chibi, Xiantao, Qianjiang, Zhijiang and Lichuan.
"We have been closely communicating with the Malaysian diplomatic missions in China in monitoring the developments, and ensuring appropriate consular assistance reach Malaysians in need of such assistance.
"In this regard, the Embassy of Malaysia in Beijing has established an emergency response team to reach out to Malaysians in the affected areas," said the statement on Friday (Jan 24).
It is said that similar efforts are also being undertaken by Malaysian consulates in China - Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Kunming, Nanning, Shanghai and Xi’an - and the Malaysian Friendship and Trade Centre in Taiwan.
"Malaysians residing or travelling in the affected areas are advised to give utmost priority to their personal health and safety by taking precautionary measures and adhere to instructions issued by the local authorities, including avoiding public places and seek immediate medical care if they suffer symptoms such as fever, cough or breathing difficulties within 14 days of returning from the affected areas," it said.
Meanwhile, Malaysians who require consular assistance and services may contact the nearest Malaysian diplomatic missions in China via the following links:
1. Embassy of Malaysia in Beijing:
https://www.kln.gov.my/web/chn_beijing/home
2. Consulate-General of Malaysia in Guangzhou: https://www.kln.gov.my/web/chn_guangzhou/home
3. Consulate-General of Malaysia in Hong Kong: https://www.kln.gov.my/web/chn_hong-kong/home
4. Consulate-General of Malaysia in Kunming:
https://www.kln.gov.my/web/chn_kunming/home
5. Consulate-General of Malaysia in Nanning:
https://www.kln.gov.my/web/chn_nanning/home
6. Consulate-General of Malaysia in Shanghai:
https://www.kln.gov.my/web/chn_shanghai/home
7. Consulate-General of Malaysia in Xi’an: https://www.kln.gov.my/web/chn_xian/home
8. Malaysian Friendship and Trade Centre, Taipei:
https://www.kln.gov.my/web/twn_taipei/home

南北大道有史以来首次降价 潘俭伟:国阵只会涨不会降




南北大道有史以来首次降价 潘俭伟:国阵只会涨不会降 



纳吉在上周就降低收费18%和延长大道经营权至2058年,在社交媒体冷嘲热讽。



对此,财政部长政治秘书潘俭伟今日指出,希望联盟成功落实国阵执政时,

无法降低南北大道收费,以及在无需支付任何费用下,延长特许经营权的举措。


“纳吉因为国阵无法像希盟般做到,挑起大道收费课题。”

潘俭伟周三发文说:“国阵执政时已数次展延特许经营期,可是收费依然高居不下,事实是他们每三年调涨一次”。



他续说,不调涨收费时,前朝政府得赔偿超过30亿令吉。

他也列出国阵延长南北大道经营权以及调涨收费的比例。

“1999年,经营期延长12年,从2018到2030年,每相隔3到5年的收费提高26%。

2004年,再次延长经营权8年,从2030至2038年,每隔3年的收费调涨10%。”



“2011年重组协议后,每3年的收费增加5%,南北大道旗下的大道经营权延长至2038年,且自行调涨收费。”

潘俭伟说:“希盟办到了,即南北大道有史以来首次降低收费,直到经营权届满为止。”

“希盟做的重组涉及折扣18%后冻结收费,政府没有赔偿一分钱,剩下260亿令吉。”

他补充,南北大道的股东国库控股和雇员公积金局依然保持该公司的掌控权。

请停止痴迷权力转移 林吉祥:希盟须专注兑现选举承诺




请停止痴迷权力转移 林吉祥:希盟须专注兑现选举承诺 


民主行动党依斯干达公主城国会议员林吉祥于2020年1月22日(星期三)发布的媒体文告:

让我们摆脱每天因权力过渡而来的束缚和困扰

拿督斯里安华已建议希望联盟领袖不要公开讨论权力过渡的问题,并遵守2018年1月达成的共识。



让我们摆脱每天因权力过渡而来的束缚和困扰,并全力以赴于如何兑现我们在2018年大选中的承诺,因为2020年是关乎希望联盟成败的一年。

毋庸置疑,希望联盟其中一个重要的承诺是,第7任首相敦马哈迪医生成功并友好地把权力移交给第8任首相拿督斯里安华。



权力移交的细节应留给希望联盟主席理事会,也没有必要就此事举行特别会议。

林吉祥

另外,人民公正党主席拿督斯里安华呼吁希盟成员,别再公开讨论权力转移问题。

安华今日发表文告,呼吁希盟成员尊重该联盟于2018年1月、第14届大选前达成的共识。

他并表示,他已向马哈迪保证,将在他任期内给予支持。

“希盟和马哈迪已一再强调,要致力于实现所承诺的过渡进程。”



“因此,我们应该尊重这一决定,以使它和平有序地进行。”

马哈迪近来一直被要求为交棒安华定下一个明确的日期;

而他表示,会在今年11月于吉隆坡举行的亚太经济合作论坛(APEC)峰会过后,才准备交出职权。

青年及体育部长赛沙迪昨日点名炮轰9名公正党和行动党领袖,



指他们多次催促马哈迪下台,让位给安华,完全没把国家利益放在首位。

他点名9名希盟领袖,要他们回归希盟当初在509大选前达成的共识,让马哈迪领导政府。

整天只会争权夺位 人权律师:希盟比国阵更烂




整天只会争权夺位 人权律师:希盟比国阵更烂 



就在希盟为敦马交棒安华一事闹得沸沸扬扬之际,人权律师西蒂卡欣今日终于看不下去,直接炮轰希盟不成熟及荒谬!

她在面子书上,以“谁应该当首相戏码”为题在脸书撰文说:

“我看到希盟各党各派在各为其主叫嚣感到非常逗趣,

他们争相要自己拥护的领袖当首相,这些计谋啦……那些诡计啦……”

她更揶揄希盟比国阵更懂得玩弄人民。

“但那些影响人民课题的声音在哪里?”



“在学校以宗教为中心的教学、不公开皇家调查委员会、警察投诉及行为不检委员会(IPCMC)、

消除一切种族歧视国际公约(ICERD)、罗马公约的报告等等……在哪里?

我只是看到一个人发声,那就是查尔斯圣地亚哥。”

“这让我看到的是,政治人物只为自己和党着想。不是我们。”

她说,这些景象都彰显了政治人物只为了自己和党着想,而不是人民。



“当一些课题被挑起时,我们听不到任何言论,飞行车,没有;部长允许传教,也没有。”

“正是这种不成熟的行为,让希盟看起来更荒谬。

还有一件事,你永远不会看见国阵这么做。他们更精于玩弄人民。”

首相交棒课题争论不休 林冠英:敦马已设下一个下台期限




首相交棒课题争论不休 林冠英:敦马已设下一个下台期限 



希望联盟最近首相交棒课题争论不休,土团党青年团团长点名并炮轰9名要求首相马哈迪交棒给公正党主席安华的领袖。

财政部长林冠英指出,首相马哈迪已经定下交棒时间表。

“首相已经定下时间表。当然,希盟主席理事会之后会见面。”


“我确定将会设下日期,并且在适当的时候宣布。”

林冠英是今天在吉隆坡的记者会上,披露此事。



林冠英也坦言,如果希望联盟的领袖继续在首相交棒的课题上公开吵架,只会让敌对阵营受惠。

他出席电子钱包活动后指出,首相交棒的课题必须在内部讨论,只是我国有民主的文化,因此很难下封口令。

“我们有民主的文化,很难去下封口令,我们一直都想要在内部进行讨论。”

“在公开场合吵架,只会让敌对阵营受惠。”



“让我们专注在管理国家,这个问题会在内部解决。”

“希盟主席理事会必定会针对此事开会讨论我,一旦日期设下后,我们会在合适的时间公布。”

对于国家银行(BNM)宣布降低隔夜政策利率(OPR)25个基点,

从原有的3%至2.75%的决定,财政部长林冠英指出,国行是独立的单位,并解释了降息是为了保护经济成长。



“我们一直专注在经济成长,希望看到做生意的成本降低,以及2020年的经济成长达到政府所设下的目标。”

Gardenia品牌被金德昌收购 正式加入金德昌的大家庭




Gardenia品牌被金德昌收购 正式加入金德昌的大家庭 


我国家喻户晓的Gardenia 麵包及烘焙产品的领军牌,目前已经拥有50年的历史,



尤其是东马人,许多家庭都是在Gardenia的陪伴之下成长,几乎无人不知Gardenia。

今天,金德昌控股集团正式与中兴控股Tong Hing Holdings 签署执照合约,接掌中兴控股旗下家喻户晓的Gardenia 品牌。







这也意味着,金德昌控股集团将从即日起接管Gardenia业务与发展,这也意味著中兴控股在未来的20年内将退出烘焙业务。

金德昌控股集团与中兴控股掌控100%的营运权,运作Gardenia在沙巴、砂拉越及印尼的市场。



金德昌控股集团执行董事刘威泽表示,Gardenia加入金德昌的大家庭,亦彰显该集团的业务大规模的澎涨,更朝向该集团崛起成为本区域最主要的商业集团的目标。

金德昌控股集团将吸纳Gardenia 所有的烘焙秘方、製作、市场、分销及销售架构,全面的发展Gardenia品牌及业务。

金德昌在烘焙业的市场佔有率、业务规模、投资额、研究与发展及行销方面,亦见大跃进,金德昌希望广大的人民将从中受惠。

这也是金德昌回馈广大群众所给予长期支持的回馈,让金德昌集团迈向稳健的成长,该集团亦希望此举将为群众呈献更高品质与健康的烘焙产品。



金德昌控股集团进军拥有庞大人口的印尼市场,将囊获广大的消费群。

作为来自马来西亚东马的集团,更配合印尼迁都至加里曼,让沙巴州享获更大的利惠。

阿兹敏与43蓝眼议员联署 放话要党停止对付祖莱达




阿兹敏与43蓝眼议员联署 放话要党停止对付祖莱达 



随着党记录委员会发出解释信要祖莱达解释为何要公开羞辱党领袖之际,今天44名公正党领袖包括署理主席阿兹敏阿里狠批纪委会向党副主席祖莱达展开调查是具有恶意,并要求党即刻撤销调查。



这44名YB怒斥党,要求开除祖莱达的行动是具有恶意,主要是妒忌她成为内阁部长取得成功,是一名优秀的领导人。

“我们要求纪委会即刻停止对祖莱达展开调查,确保党恢复和谐。”







“如果纪委会没有停止对祖莱达展开调查,我们将会遵循党的斗争原则采取下一步的行动。”

46人发表联署声明,直批党纪委员会发出解释信予祖莱达,“加剧党内紧张关系。”



文告盛赞,祖莱达在人民房屋计划、加强地方政府和提升国家清洁上,落实改革议程,还在妇女领导和巩固党基层方面,贡献良多。

“党主席和领导层有责任在2020年,以崭新的精神和决心出发,专注团结公正党。”

“我们有信心和相信,一旦我们达成共识,烈火莫熄议程就可落实,也会保障政府服务表现和传递素质。”

文告也阐明,缺席政治局多时的阿兹敏阵营领袖在1月8日重返开会,而阿兹敏还声明,2020年应当有新展望,相互尊重和达成共识,以团结公正党。



不过,文告表明,对有人挑衅及意图挫败这项共识,而感到失望。

文告胪列,不负责任分子1月18日和20日,分别在党总部及房地部抗议,已经羞辱和打击公正党及政府。

“1月19日,数名州主席施压开除祖莱达,令事情恶化,因为我们已经达成共识,不要公开发表挑衅声明。”

44名公正党领袖发布联合声明力挺祖莱达,其中包括21名执委及国州议员。



之前,公正党10个州联委会主席一致要求,纪委会开除副主席祖莱达的党籍。

公正党总秘书赛夫丁在政治局和中央理事会议后证实,纪委会已在昨日向祖莱达发出信函。

要求针对违反党规行为作出解释后,公正党吉打州联委会主席佐哈里亦在公正党总部召开新闻发布会,连同9个州主席一致要求纪委会开除祖莱达的党籍。